Saturday, April 2, 2011

Watching Calories? Measure Your Olive Oil The Easy Way!


I'm lucky to have a husband who loves to cook, even though often times when he's home we are fighting for the kitchen.  As good of a cook as he is, he is certainly not a "measurer" when it comes to ingredients.  Most of the time this isn't a big deal, except for the fact that a lot of what he cooks uses olive oil.  Now don't get me wrong, olive oil is definitely good for you... in moderation!  My husband tends to take the cap off the bottle, turn it over and let it pour out like a flowing river (keep in mind olive oil has 120 calories per Tbsp).  That's a lot of calories to not be measuring or to be unaware of!
Luckily, I found a solution that allows him to simply pour from the bottle, yet still be able to measure.  It's called the Press and Measure Olive Oil Dispenser, and it has been a remarkable addition to our essential kitchen tools.  You literally press the sides, fill to your desired serving, and pour!  Now you know exactly how many calories you are dumping into that dish.
I found these at this website:  http://www.homevillage.us/prmeoilvidiw.html   Two of them come in an order for $19.95.  One bad thing I read when reading the reviews however, was that some of them didn't fill when the sides were pressed.  Sure enough, when mine arrived, one of the bottles didn't work.  Don't let this stop you from getting this wonderful calorie counting took - I emailed the company and they immediately sent me a new one and told me to throw away the one that didn't work.  Easy enough.  Now I have 2 that work and I can keep 2 different types of oils that may be easily measured, accounting for all of your good fat calories!

Any kitchen needs this easy way to measure and pour oil!  




A great kitchen tool, even for those not counting calories!  


No comments:

Post a Comment